View Profile CloakedSoup

1 Movie Review

This is really cool! While I don't believe I have synesthesia personally, I have always associated certain keys with certain colors (like C major being yellow, B major being blue, E major being bright green, etc.) it's interesting to see videos like this though. Thanks for putting this out! :D

Syamori responds:

I'm glad you enjoyed! You may be surprised to know that associating keys with certain colors actually is synesthesia. Associative synesthesia is typically much lighter than projective forms, but it still is considered synesthesia. And personally, I believe that version might have a bit more to do with musical training than anything else, with the form I depicted here being a bit similar to echolocation instead.

Also, unlike what most researchers and health websites have said in the past, I actually trained this ability over the course of two years, simply by meditating on it and upgrading my sound equipment. I was 17 when I first noticed I might have synesthesia - after listening to music 24/7 for 4 years - and I only saw faint colors in the distance. Specifically focusing on it from then-on gradually made it more intense. So, if you already have associative synesthesia, I don't think it'd be too difficult to obtain other forms of it as well, such as this one.

11 Audio Reviews

Wonderful interpretation!

Phonometrologist responds:

Glad you think so. Thank you for taking the time to let me know!

This cured my headache (No joke).

LD-W responds:

brb selling the WAV to big pharma to use as a headache cure

This was really nice. Everything from the opening choral bit with the sub bass thumps to the mid section with all the arpeggios and lush pads. I also liked how the ending contained some elements of the opening with the synth voices, but was more sparse/quiet. Omnisphere has some really nice sounds; I might have to get it one of these days.

Deemo-R responds:

A late response, buuuuuut - I have nothing bad to say about Omnisphere, I absolutely endorse and recommend it to anyone that considers it! Glad you liked it, I always liked ambient music back when I started writing, but I haven't really gotten myself to do much with it these days. It felt kinda right getting to do a track like this again, even if a bit rudimentary in some aspects; concert music has been getting me down a lot and I love reaching out into different areas to feel revitalized! :)

31 Art Reviews

This is so cute! I remember playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon as a kid and this brings back some memories. Good job!

This is beautiful! Great work Sifyro! :D

Looks sick! I love all the different shades of blue.

If you're interested in collaborating or commissioning me, send me a DM!

Collin Brefka @CloakedSoup